PR UNJ, Jakarta – Jakarta State University is one of the State Universities located in the National Capital which has a vision to become a reputable university in the Asian Region. The efforts made by UNJ to get to an international standard university are a continuing commitment by all UNJ academics.
One of these commitments is carried out by the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (FMIPA) UNJ by building a network of cooperation with various world-class universities, one of which is with Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). The collaboration between FMIPA UNJ and UTM has been going on since 2018.
The collaboration began by establishing a collaboration where the Biology Study Program in 2018 collaborated with the Institute of Bioproduct Development (IBD), which is a center of excellence in the development of natural products research and bioproduct development in the field of biotechnology. The following are some of the activities carried out together throughout 2018-2021:
1. Public Lecture at FMIPA UNJ given by Prof. Dr. rer. grout. Hesham A. El Enshasy with the theme Biotechnology Applications in various fields of life.
2. Workshop 3 Day Course On Bioprocess Platform Design For Industrial Products Of Probiotics (From Cell Bank To Bulk Powder) Collaboration Between FMIPA and IBD On September 12, 2018 was held at UTM with participants from UTM and UNJ.
3. Professional Training Course for Isolation and Identification of Microbial Bio-factories for Enzyme Production for Food and Feed Industry, 10-14 December 2018” was held at the UNJ Microbiology Lab with participants from UTM and UNJ.
4. Collaboration on the “7th International Conference on Biotechnology for the Wellness Industry” 27-28 November 2018 involving lecturers and undergraduate Chemistry students, FMIPA UNJ.
5. Collaboration of The 2nd International Postgraduate Symposium in Biotecnology 2019 which involved 10 Chemistry and Biology Undergraduate Students, FMIPA UNJ as speakers.
6. The collaboration will be continued by making LOC for 1 year starting in January 2019 then followed by an MOU in 2020.
7. Collaboration Science and Mathematics International Conference (SMIC) 2020.
8. Joint publications related to the field of expertise of each researcher from both UTM and UNJ that focus on Bioscience and Biotechnology.
9. Collaboration continues to grow until an MOU is established between UNJ and UTM with the achievement of 50 publications in the form of papers and books chapters since 2018-present.
Exactly today, January 17, 2022, there is another collaboration between FMIPA UNJ and UTM in the form of a One Day Workshop with the topic "Biohelth in Tropic: Herbal and Microbial Resources". As for this activity, besides aiming to increase international cooperation, this activity is also to commemorate the achievement of 50 publications in Scopus/Reputable indexed journals/Proceedings during collaboration for 3 years (2018-2021).
The implementation is carried out online through ZOOM and broadcast through the FMIPA UNJ YouTube channel.
In this workshop from UNJ attended by, Prof. Komarudin as Chancellor of UNJ, Dr. Totok Bintoro as Vice Chancellor for planning and cooperation, Prof. Muktiningsih as Dean of FMIPA and lecturers from FMIPA UNJ. While from UTM was attended by, Prof. Datuk Ahmad Fauzi Bin Ismail, Prof. Dr. Rosli Md. Ilias, Prof. Dr. rer.nat. Hesham Ali-Enshasy; Assoc. Prof. Ir. Dr. Roshanida. Bt. Rahman.